R&D is the core of Hyflux’s business strategy. The underlying aim of developing the most cost-effective and versatile membrane systems that can be used in a wide variety of environmental and water applications drives our technological advances and innovation.
Supported by our team of multi-disciplinary membrane specialists, researchers and scientists in our network of R&D centres in Singapore and China, we continue to push for new membrane applications, products and systems.
We also keep our knowledge base up-to-date by tapping into ongoing membrane developments through linkages and collaborations with internationally-recognised research experts, reputable universities and renowned research institutions worldwide.
Our proprietary and licensed membrane technologies have been commercialised into a comprehensive range of membrane systems and applications that can be easily adapted to different needs.
- Polymeric hollow-fibre membrane
- High permeate flux throughput and quality
- Asymmetric profile results in low fouling and easy cleaning
- First UF membrane awarded NSF's Public Drinking Water Equipment Performance Certification
- Desalination Technology Innovation of the Year 2007, Frost and Sullivan
- Zero liquid discharge wastewater treatment
- Wastewater recycling
- Seawater desalination pretreatment
- High energy efficiency through lower air flow requirements (0.1 - 0.2 Nm3/hr/m2)
- High membrane packing density (835 m2/m2)
- High tensile strength hollow fibres
- Narrow pore size distribution
- Free-floating fibre design which will lessen fouling tendancies, lower operating expenses and replacement costs
- Industrial / Municipal wastewater treatment and reclamation
- Pretreatment filtration
- Stainless steel tubular membrane
- Handles difficult industrial streams with high viscosity and solid content under extreme temperatures, pressures and pH conditions
- Fermentation broths of amino acids, antibotics and vitamins